The West Sector is commanded by Captain William Taylor.
We continue to work with neighborhood residents and groups on issues that affect their quality of life. We are committed to proactively policing our neighborhoods with an emphasis on managing problems before they become a neighborhood nuisance. Our officers and staff are available to meet with the residents on any particular issue and can make available other city and community agencies to properly address their particular problems.
The West Sector is focusing on the following Initiatives:
- Reducing crime in the area of gang violence
- Deterring crime by placing officers in key locations
- Distributing informational pamphlets to areas, making the public aware of issues and activities that are taking place in their neighborhood
- Working towards mutual respect and understanding of all residents to address the issues in an ethnically diverse community.
- Officers attending each neighborhood meeting
- Maintaining geographically assigned patrol officers to neighborhood routes
- Collaborating with LRTA and B&M railroad on a number of issues
Highlands Precinct telephone 978-970-4045.
Officers that patrol the area on foot and cruisers manstaff both the Highlands and Housing precincts. Officers routinely are in the precinct when requested by residents; otherwise they are required to patrol their assigned areas.
There are approximately 30 officers assigned to the West Sector whose responsibility it is to proactively patrol their assigned areas.