While the agenda vary from training to training, all Race Relations Training sessions conducted by the Lowell Police Department cover the following topics and materials:
- An understanding of community perspectives with presentations from various council members.
- A discussion of logistics for creating Race Relations Council initiatives, including the planning process, potential barriers, philosophy, and resources.
- A discussion of the necessary partnerships that are key to the success of any race relations council.
- A case study of Lowell's Race Relations Council, exploring their activities and initiatives.
- A resource guide that includes textual reference and web sites for exploring topics such as cooperation and collaboration, facilitation, policing, and community relations.
- An evaluation of the Lowell Police Department training program.